Monday, October 13, 2008

Just For Our Sake


I feel so empty, so lost ..
I have sold everything for a high cost.
I gave trust and fidelity,
And in the trade, lost my self entity.


Giving is such a pleasure -
So much that I haven’t pondered into taking!
Your special attention makes me now think ..
After all let me try it once, risk it, why not?

The strange feeling isn’t just my nerves’ game,
I am old enough now, they are all tame.
This is something more, a feeling more core,
A feeling that had gone over the years sore!


I thank you for tingling them again.
In this, my soul is trying to regain.
I want back my lost self entity,
I want to pamper the woman in me.


No one else can decide what I deserve best,
My life is just my own test. Yet,
I plead you to hold hand-in-hand,
And take me to the unseen land.


While all that I ask is all that I want,
I am wondering if I will know what i really want!
I plead - Don’t do anything for just my sake,
I want the real you, not a fake!


In the end if I disappoint you, a bit or more,
For reasons that may please you not.
Forgive me, but believe too ..
I had put everything I had, and,
that I did give it my best till date.
- Just For Our Sake.

3 comments:

Jyotsna said...

Good Job!!! Hoping u will find answers soon..

Anonymous said...

Nice......

Priya said...

Thanks Jyotsna, i will let you know when i do ;-) haha

Thanks Mintu. Its so nice to see you using your name and not clinging to an anonymous identity!
I am glad you liked the poem.