Tuesday, September 9, 2008

O Cold, my Nose ..


This is a very silly poem .. very silly indeed!
But this is all I can do when I have him ruling my world ..

Running down the slope ..
Circling up the hole ..
How sudden is your visit!
Your stay is enjoyed least :-(

Like a student dreads a teacher..
Like a thief fears a cop..
As Jerry runs from Tom..
A motorist from the Red Stop..

You are most hated!
Yet you come and go.
Shameless and stubborn -
You run up and down my little nose.

The world looks so sick,
On everyone around I pick.
You enter on the moment's nick,
I wish i could shoo you with a kick!

You stay for as long as you wish,
You mess my nose, for tissues I fish.
My eyes shrink, my face bloats,
The whole day my nose I blow.

Napkins after napkins...
Fill the dust bins.
You still stay for long,
For your exit, I long!

You appear every quarter,
Your performance getting better!
You make me wonder where you sit,
My nose has space just for air to fit!

They call you "the cold",
The evil that strikes, young and old.
I decide to stand bold,
Dear Cold, you will soon get sold :-)

10 comments:

Jyotsna said...

ORIGINAL and straight from the HEART or shall is say straight from the nose...Lol

Anonymous said...

This shows that u dont have anything better to do!! :)

A cute one though!!!

I am having a cough, why dont u also write on my cough.

Anonymous said...

A cute one... Keep writing!!

I have a cough, why dont u write about that as well. :)

XYZ said...

Very nice poem. Never imagined will be reading a poem on cold. Very gud. U r rocking Pv.

Anonymous said...

on Nose! heheh :-) very funny...
in fact, let me compliment you, always though u wud make a beautiful writer/author....
may b u shud really try ur luck in this field...
i mean, WHY NOT????

Anonymous said...

Gr8!!!!!!!!!! Next post expecting some remedies for cold :).

Priya said...

To All

:-)

Anonymous said...

Hahahha! You are a closet poet I see! :D Very limerick-like! And I like the light heartedness of the composition!

Moushumi

Priya said...

Oh thanks Moushumi :)

Unknown said...

Hey PV,

A very nice poem... i never knew u could write poems tooo :) that too on cold!!! keep writing.... cant wait to read all ur other blogs as well....