Friday, August 22, 2008

Think before you HONK

I was just thinking ....
- why do we sound a loud horn when the vehicle ahead of us has stopped for unknown reasons and the driver/rider is making all attempts to get it started?
- why do we honk when we are all standing at a signal and the light says red, which means Stop?
- why do we honk when the signal has turned green but still the traffic is not moving? Are we thinking that "I am the only one who has seen the color change and the rest are sleeping!"?
I was further thinking ...
- why dont we honk when we intend to overtake?
-why dont we honk when we intend to cut our neighbour's track?
- why dont we honk when we want to change lane?
- why dont we honk when we want to say, "let me go" or "I plan to go" or worse "i cannot wait for you, i go, you wait"?
- why dont we honk when we feel the person ahead of us has not seen us coming?
- why dont we honk to alert the pedestrians crossing the road?
I am thinking ... no I just decided that i am going to make sincere efforts to honk as less as possible and also not miss when needed :-)
I think ... I am already feeling better!

3 comments:

Jyotsna said...

EXCELLENT JOB PV. We can be a GR888888888888888 team..Seriously...I like the name of your blog space a lot..

Tim Bombadol said...

Good food for thought!

Honking has become a way of venting one's frustrations. Invented to alert fellow users of the road, it has now become a menace because of the way it is abused. We live in a world where the good citizen is way overpowered by the casual breaker of the law and of etiquette.

:-(

Anonymous said...

Why don't we honk if we see somebody is putting lipstic in the redlight and not respecting the signal....